Results | Service | Unity | Commitment
Sungei Ujong Club was founded in 1887 by the British Government servant and professional rubber estate Executives better known as "Planters".
In the beginning the Club was housed at the old High Court building along Jalan Datuk Hamzah.
Initially, membership was exclusively for the British expatriates and the local royalty.
W.F.B. Paul, the British Resident of Sungei Ujong from 1891 to 1894, was the 1st President of the Club.
In 1954, after 67 years of existence, three locals were invited as honorary members. They were Tuan Sheikh Ahmad, Mr. Lee Fong Yee and Dr. J. Samuel, who were leaders of their respective community.
Datuk Mahima Singh, a senior member was later invited as an Honorary Member.
In 1959, the Club shifted to the present premises which were then the DYMM Yang Di-Pertuan Besar Negeri Sembilan, former Istana Hinggap. The first Agong stayed here for several years. Tuanku Imran was born in the room where the present office is situated.
In 1966, Mr. Lim Ewe Law was elected as the 1st Malaysian President of the Club.
The Club was conferred Royal Status on the 2nd of February 2002 which was approved by the Registrar of Societies on the 12th March 2003.
Our mission is to provide excellent facilities and personalized full-service through our dedicated employees.